Wednesday, February 12, 2014

http://char.txa.cornell.edu/language/element/form/form.htm

This is my second attempt at posting on this great article on Line Shape and Form.
This article uses some interesting language, it calls shape "2D form".  The author also points out the differences between organic and geometric as well as realistic or naturalistic as opposed to abstract. The article got me thinking about the photos I had taken for this assignment and how I have both natural and geometric shapes, and how I could combine them or contrast them in the work. Also the article points out the importance of the shadows and negative space, which influenced the way I have shot pictures since reading the article. In rereading the post and article I remembered that in the first post I had mentioned that the article also mentions the use of Perspective, negative space, and lighting and shadow to create different tones and evoke different feelings even of the same subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment