Monday, March 31, 2014

I have no idea what the assigned blog was this week so I decided to share something I heard today as well as an image that changed my life. Around the year 2000 I discovered the Hubble Space Telescopes web site and on that site was the"Deep Field View" (1999).  This image was viewed on the couch while surfing the internet on the "Dreamcast" video game system. My buddy and I starred at this view for well over 10 minutes in just utter amazement of what we were seeing.  Most of these images are galaxies, each galaxy is made of many billions of stars...  We were literally looking at trillions of stars in one photo, I can begin to describe my feelings of being a part of something so much more magnificent than I had ever felt before...

http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/releases/1999/02/image/a/


Earlier today I was listening to the philosopher-theologian Alan Watts. Alan had said something completely profound and life changing as well.

 “It is not true you came into this world… You came out of it.  The same way as a flower comes out of a plant or a fruit comes out of a tree.  As an apple tree apples, the solar system in which we live and therefore the galaxy in which we live and therefore the system of galaxies in which we live, that system,,, peoples. Therefore people are an expression of it’s energy and of it’s nature”.

Alan Watts-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3x02dQTBjE&list=UU848b72MStS_1twAV97p0yQ



The following image is the Hubble's "Ultra Deep Field View" (2004).  Both images were taken from a part of the sky that had no visible stars and left there, shutter open, long exposure about the size of 1/10 of the moon, or if your hand was held out, the size of a fingernail.
http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/releases/2004/07/image/b/




We are the fruit of the universe and we should never underestimate what we are and what we've always been...

No comments:

Post a Comment